What am I doing right NOW?
- Working for Washington University in St. Louis as a Network Architect:
- After working from home since March 2020, I started going back to the office in Jan 2021.
- Creating a plan to upgrade the university network from a 10G core to 100G or 400G.
- Leading a project better protect endpoints on our medical campus.
- Designing a parallel network to be NIST-800-171 compliant.
- Working to support our medical, research, and students so they can focus on studies, treating patients, and finding solutions for the COVID-19 crisis
- Raising 2 teenage kids:
- Starting the process of university selections for the oldest.
- Helping my youngest succeed as a freshman in high school.
- Supporting my wife (and family) as she battles stage 4 breast cancer:
- Right now everything is mostly normal. She is receiving chemo therapy every week and tolerating it fairly well.
- My son and I are preparing for a 100 mile backpacking trip with the Boy Scouts at Philmont in 2022.
- Run, walk, or strength train everyday.
- I cut back running significantly because of Osgood-Schlatter disease. Hopefully PT will fix the problem.
- Reading or listening to books:
- Currently reading:
- Being Geek
- The Darkest Web (not sure about this book yet, it is bit too dark even for me)
- Recently finished (2021):
- Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (No, I have never read this book before)
- American Kingpin
- Why Buddhism is True
- Being Mortal
- A Promised Land
- Bossy Pants
- Nerdy stuff:
- My hobby life revolves around Internet technology.
- I spend a lot of time tinkering in my home lab.
- Write something every day for this website.