Red curry, rice, and vegetables
Here is a quick and simple rice, vegetable, and curry recipe. Most ingredients are easily sourced. The total cook time is around 15 minutes.
- 2 cups rice
- 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt, more to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste)
- 1 can (14 ounces) regular coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Cook rice per directions on package.
- Cook frozen vegetables per directions on package.
- Heat large skillet with 1/2 tbs sesame and 1/2 tbs olive oil
- Add pinch of salt to taste
- Brown 2 cloves garlic
- Add 3 tbs Thai Red Curry paste
- Add 1 can regular coconut milk (stir often)
- Add 1/2 cup water
- Add 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- Add 1 tbs soy sauce
- Add 2 tsp lime juice
- Simmer over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes
- Mix Rice, vegetables, and curry together and serve.