In yesterdays transition of power from Trump to President Biden, we moved one step closer to the issues that matter most to me. After the past four years, it is nice to see examples of positive leadership on issues that impact so many people.
I’ve summarized the major initiatives and executive orders President Biden worked on in the first day after taking office.
- Put students back in classroom by reimbursing schools for cleaning, PPE, and other expenses as needed.
- Place a pause on student loan payments until Sept 30.
- America will rejoin the Paris Climate Accord.
- Moratorium on new oil and gas leases in the Arctic Nation Wildlife Refuge.
- Revoking a permit for the Keystone XL oil and gas pipeline.
- Reevaluating vehicle mileage and emission standards.
- Agencies are directed to evaluate the impact of climate change as they pertain to fossil fuel regulations.
- Aggressively respond to America’s COVID pandemic.
- Attempt to provide 100M vaccines in 100 days.
- Encouraging Americans to wear a mask. This is rooted in science, masks make a difference.
- America will rejoin the World Health Organization.
- Evaluate the use Defense Production Act to build up the supply of COVID defenses.
- Set strict expectations about disrespecting colleagues, “you will be fired on the spot”.
- Eliminate the blanket travel ban based on an individuals religion.
- Stop construction of the border wall.
- Preserve the DACA program and provide DACA recipients a path to citizenship.
- Place moratorium on the orders to aggressively find and deport unauthorized immigrants.
- Remove the limit on diversity and including training for federal agencies.
- Extend a federal moratorium on home evictions.
- Signed executive order to prevent and combat discrimination on the basis of gender identity or sexual orientation.
- Pursue equity for all.