Happy Anniversary to US!
Twenty-two years ago today, I married this gal:
When were you married?
How did you meet?
- Blind date setup setup by a mutual friend.
Where was your first date?
- We went to see Dusk to Dawn. Yes, this was an awkward first date movie.
Funny moment from your first date?
- Jami thought I was a drug dealer because I carried a cell phone and pager. Remember this in the late 1990’s, cell phones and pagers were not common. I guess she liked bad boys.
How did you propose?
- In her parents basement. One night while we were hanging out together, I lit a candle, knelt down and asked her to marry me.
Memorable early moment in your lives?
- On Friday I graduated from college, Saturday we were married, Sunday - Friday we went on our honeymoon in Mexico, Sunday we moved to Chicago in the worst snow storm in 20 years, Monday I started working in Chicago and Jami start college at UIC. In a span of one week, we endured three of the life changing events: graduating, marriage, and moving.
Where was your first house / apartment?
- A second floor apartment at 1812 Georgia Court in Schaumburg, IL. A few of our friends from Michigan, who moved at the same time we did, also lived here.
First big purchase as a married couple?
- Weber gas grill. We still have it 22 years later.