Issue #3 of Jason’s Week in Review, a consolidated source of news I found interesting over the past week.
- https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/10/30/science/wear-mask-covid-particles-ul.html - The NewYork times created an interactive view detailing how masks helps to spread the transmission of the corona virus and other potential pathogens.
- https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=25415989&p=2 - Google experienced an outage across many of their services.
- https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/12/google-sees-major-services-outages-two-days-in-a-row/ - Google experienced another outage that bounced inbound email.
- https://www.fireeye.com/blog/threat-research/2020/12/evasive-attacker-leverages-solarwinds-supply-chain-compromises-with-sunburst-backdoor.html - Highly Evasive Attacker Leverages SolarWinds Supply Chain to Compromise Multiple Global Victims With SUNBURST Backdoor.
- https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-cyber-breach-idUSKBN28R2ZJ - Microsoft found malware related to the SolarWinds compromise. This adds to an already alarming number of organizations affected by this incident.
- https://github.com/rocky-linux/rocky - Rocky Linux is a community enterprise Operating System designed to be 100% bug-for-bug compatible with Enterprise Linux, now that CentOS has shifted direction.
- https://www.wired.com/story/bgp-routing-manrs-google-fix/ - Over the past few weeks a group of high profile Internet service providers have been working on concrete recommendations to improve information published in the IRRs, enabling RPKI, and enhancing collaboration with tier-1 providers.
- https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/12/14/first-covid-vaccines-new-york/ - Sandra Lindsay’s is the first first American to receive the coronavirus vaccine outside a clinical trial.