I have the privilege of reading the messages each of you sent to Jami. Yes, this is a privilege! It is hard. I pause a lot. I cry a lot. But I power through because I know she wants to hear them!
What Have I Learned:
- Jami’s impact on you all is overwhelming!
- She has touched many people in a variety of ways, but they all have a common theme, “Jami’s friendship made everyone a better person”.
- I’ve heard from old friends, family, students, students who are now adults, teachers, long lost friends, relatives, and pretty much everyone Jami has touched over her life.
- Continue to send messages to Jami. Email or text messages are fine.
- After reading so many messages, I would like to make a suggestion if you don’t know what to say…
- Tell us a story.
- Tell us a memory you have together.
- Share something that made you bond with Jami.
- Long or short it does not matter, but make it from the heart.
Jami is not talking anymore, but I can “feel” it in her that she wants to hear your stories.